Thursday, August 19, 2010

Grace

Every now and then I'll put my macbook on the ground next to my bed when I go to sleep at night. Most nights, I have a glass of water next to my bed too. Last night, I gambled and stuck my macbook 3 feet away from my glass of water on the floor. My cat loves to try to be a person. She'll try to eat food with her paws, she tries to talk, and she tries to drink water out of my glasses. She has knocked over billions of my drinks in the past by trying to drink out of them. Well at 5:30 this morning, she knocked over my 64 oz. drink. I immediately woke up and surveyed the damage. It didn't appear to be too bad as I quickly picked up my computer. There were minimal amounts of water on it. However, when I opened it up, nothing registered! It was a black screen and it was stuck on sleeping. I didn't know what to do. I prayed for God to give me the right heart about the situation. I didn't know if this was his way of saying that my macbook was to much of a prize in my life. I prayed that I would see Christ as my only treasure. My attitude seemed to be pretty good, but I still couldn't get my mind off of me messing up my computer. I stuck my macbook next to a fan and then blow dried it for awhile. 6 hours later my macbook came to life! It is a God thing! He extended more grace than I deserved. This isn't the first time this has happened. God is good. Not because he gives me my wants sometimes, but because he uses things like this to reshape my mind. He is sovereign and can take anything from you in a split second. He should be our one and only treasure.

1 comment:

  1. God has done this a lot in my life! Taking things away, and showing they were to much of a treasure, and I wasn't treasuring Him! I wish I could say I had a good attitude about it when He did it... but after much time, I saw it was Him! I think it's cool how He does that!!! He is good! I'm glad your mac came back to life!!! =D

    ReplyDelete