Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New Linkin Park Song

The first time I heard Linkin Park was when I was a freshman in high school. All the J.V. players on the basketball team would blast it on the stereo before games. I wasn't big on music back then, but I definitely liked the sound. They played the Jay-Z and Linkin Park remixes along with Linkin Park's regular stuff. The rap/rock mix was so unique. I hadn't heard anything like it before. Eventually I bought the first two Linkin Park albums and quickly they became my favorite band. It took 4 or 5 more years for Linkin Park to come out with a new album. Some members of the band had side projects going on (Fort Minor being one of them). Supposedly, Linkin Park claimed to have a playlist of over a hundred songs, but couldn't decide which ones to put on the new c.d. In 2007, they finally put out Minutes to Midnight. One of the best parts of Linkin Park was the fact that they didn't cuss on their first two albums. However, in Minutes to Midnight, they declared they had more adult themes and lyrics. As it turns out, they cussed in a bunch of the songs on the album. I lost lots of respect for them. Not only that, but the album didn't sound much like the first two albums they put out. I couldn't help but be disappointed. The first single on Minutes to Midnight was called "What I've Done". I really liked it and the lyrics had a pretty good message that you could relate to the gospel. There are a couple of members of the band that say they are Christians.

On my birthday of this year, Linkin Park will release their newest album, A Thousand Suns. I can't say that Linkin Park is my favorite band anymore, but they are probably still in the top 5. The reason I say all of this is because they have released a new single from the upcoming album called "The Catalyst". It is very different! Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bftTUAIVMUQ

It is similar to "What I've Done" in the sense that the lyrics can be related to Christianity. I doubt this is what they intended the lyrics to mean. You'll have to listen to the song first before I can explain my thoughts on how it could be taken one way or the other. Music is up for interpretation by the listener, so I wanna know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment