Saturday, February 12, 2011

Account of Creation

So I decided to randomly read through the first two chapters of Genesis and I am thinking how cool it is that the Creator of the everything provided a written account of how He created everything. He provides details (exs. creating man from dust, taking a rib from man to create woman) and talks about the order of creation. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, heck I'm not even enough of a tool to be in the shed period, but I take delight in this portion of scripture. I do not comprehend everything about it. God provides details here in the first two chapters, yet He does not give everything away. For instance, was each day an actual day in the sense of the day we have now, or was a day representative of millions of years? Genesis names the Tigris and the Euphrates Rivers which are still in the middle east today. There is an element of mystery here, but at the same time there is an element of tangible fact. Praise God for His word!

No comments:

Post a Comment