Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Good Love Song

Okay, so I got a little busy. I'm probably will not get to write about all the songs on Church Clothes. But today, I've been thinking about "Special" and what it means.

It is not your everyday love song that points out superficial things that a dude likes about a girl. It's not a guy bragging about how he "got" this girl to all his buddies. It's not about making love. It's not about how the girl looks. Nope, none of that.

"She made me want to get down on a knee, she made me want to share everything I own,
  I was praying for a 10, but I found the one,
  And no girl compares to my virtuous love,
  Cuz what we got is truly something special, truly something special,truly something special, truly something special."

Lecrae goes on to say that the love he has for I'm assuming his wife is not something you see on the streets and that it is "no one's business what they do between the sheets" and that the love they have is real, it's no "Mona Lisa". There has been a lot of "blood, sweat, and tears" meaning it has not been easy.

"I respect you too much, I don't see you as my equal,
I see you as myself, me and you we the same people,
the way you let me lead you, that's why I need you,...

You not perfect, you not perfect, but you work it girl,
And you don't need a job unless  you feel like workin' girl,
Ain't worried about your past, I'm focused on our future lady..."

He goes on to establish that he and his wife trust eachother. He is describing the "onefleshness" of being married.

"I love your mind more than the way you dress head over heels"

He says that he gives her time, attention, and faithfulness instead of expensive gifts. He adds that when she gets upset and bothers him... his response is gonna stay and he can't wait " to date ya when your 60 and your hair is gray"

"..we the best we will ever be minus me first,
til they burry me, you will always be my lady,
and leaving you is like leaving myself, it's crazy!"

Those were a lot of random lines from the song, but the point is this: he is describing the way that a man should love a woman. The bible makes it very clear what the relationship looks like. It doesn't look like what American culture has made it look like; it looks like the relationship of Christ and the church.

My second thought was special too. Why did God design for man and woman to be together? Ultimately it was for His pleasure and our pleasure and for our good! If the sovereign God of the universe intended to sanctify me through a union with a woman, then isn't that exactly what is going to happen? How can I doubt this will happen? How can I not trust that God will provide such a helper for me? I take great hope in my Lord! He will provide a woman for me in His timing for my sanctification. Of this I am sure! Praise God! Can't wait for what He has in store for me.

In the meantime... I'm praying. Maybe not for a 10 (although a 10 would be nice haha) but for a godly woman who is committed to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment