Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Refuge and Strength

I took Tax Accounting over the spring semester. I worked my butt off and for the first time in my life, I did not receive the grade I needed to pass the class. I received a "D" to be exact. As Lecrae would say, "Breath. Takin'."

I really did work hard, but it just was not enough. What is a guy to do? I showed up for class everyday. I made flashcards. Studied in the library everyday. Talked with the teacher numerous occasions. Participated in class. The nine yards and a bag of chips. The fact of the matter is: I did not get a "C" even though I feel like I knew the material.

What a humbling experience. Funny thing is that God will only be glorified in this situation. He has been prepping my heart for this. I'm starting to memorize Psalm 46.

I'll quote what I know so far.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea..."

Just a nugget there. Hope to have the whole thing down soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment