Friday, May 18, 2012

Spoiler Alert

Tonight I avoided writing a paper to watch NBA playoff basketball. I then chose to watch "The Vow" instead of watching basketball because that is what my mom wanted to do. I'll just say that watching the movie was very frustrating, but well worth it! Especially to hang out with my mom!

Okay so I can't watch a movie without thinking about how it relates to the gospel, so here it goes. The wreck is similar to how God initiates salvation. He shatters our former life. He changes the way things were before. He changes your heart. Ultimately, He makes you want Him and want to love Him.

Not only does He change our heart, but He makes things new. Before, Paige had left her family unreconciled and on her own terms, but after the wreck, she is reconciled with her family and she has a better love for Leo. Similarly, God is making all things new. Not just our lives and how we love others, but the earth. He uses us as people who restore His creation and in the end, He is coming back with a new heavens and earth.

I would be remiss if I didn't compare how Leo pursues Paige as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her. But Christ is so much better and so much more committed than Leo is. We all fall short of Christ, but it goes back to the restoration aspect. In the end, when Christ comes back, we will get new bodies and we will be like Him. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment