Friday, June 4, 2010

Cutting the Grass

Today, after I went to the beach, I cut the grass. As I was cutting the grass, I began thinking of of a friend who has recently made some bad decisions that I have fallen into before. I haven't talked with this friend since he went off to school. However, we have shared some good times together and we even went to the Passion Conference a few years back. I'm ashamed to say I haven't talked much about spiritual things with him much at all, but I feel like he has experienced Christ before. I was thinking about rooming with this friend and some other guys I know next year at FSU but I really feel like the Lord was telling me to go to UWF instead. Before God revealed this to me, I visited this friend and I was wondering where he went to church and I was excited to go there on the Sunday before I headed back to Pace. We stayed up really late on Saturday night and into Sunday morning and when it was time to go to church, everyone was left snoozing. I was pretty disappointed in my friend and I had noticed that his priorities were not where I had thought they were. Anyways, I think that was the point where I noticed a change in him, and it wasn't good.

As I began thinking of my friend, I really felt like God was telling me to share some words of encouragement tonight with him. I don't exactly know what I'm supposed to say to him, or if I will even get the opportunity. However, I do know that I will see him tonight. Pray that if the opportunity opens up, that I would be able to speak what God places on my heart and that I would be a light for Christ to this friend.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Brittany, I didn't get a chance to talk with him=/... too many people around, but hopefully I'll get to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, well I will be praying for you that the opportunity comes! =)

    ReplyDelete