Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Special Night for the Pepsi Guy

So in case you didn't know, I fill the Pepsi machines at Pace High School. I like my job. I like filling machines up with delicious Pepsi products. It gives me a great sense of accomplishment. However, the past weeks have been kind of disappointing. The person in charge of ordering the drinks has left me hanging and has not ordered any drinks for the machines. As a result, the machines have been empty. It brings me great sorrow to think of a kid not getting his daily Diet Sunkist for lunch. Wednesdays are typically big shipment days, so I usually work for a long time on Wednesday nights. To my joy, I finally got a big shipment of drinks today. This afternoon Bethany helped me fill up some machines for an hour. She is such a great sister! Then, after care groups tonight, I went and did two more hours worth of drinks. It is with great pleasure that I can say most of the machines are fully stocked and ready for the students tomorrow at Pace High.

Now this was a special night, but there is more to being the Pepsi guy than one would want to know. I don't like doing drinks while students are present because often kids beg me for free drinks and that is just annoying. Since I don't do drinks during the day, I have to do them at night. This usually means I'm up there all alone in the darkness and creepiness of Pace High School. There are some creepy things that go on behind the doors of Pace when no one is watching. I won't tell the horror stories on this blog post because I can honestly say I have become numb to everything that goes on there at night.

It should also be said that I have befriended the janitors and that we have a good time. That is pretty sad, but they are likable people. I know I wouldn't want to do their job, so I have respect for them.

Tonight, a new memory was added to my collection. I was filling up some machines next to the weight room, when I noticed a huge roach that looked like it was on steroids. Then suddenly, the roach started flying! I thought I was dreaming at first, but then I blinked and it really was flying! I started working a little faster and then I noticed more flying roaches coming towards me. These things were the biggest roaches I had ever seen and I was wondering why there were so many of them grouped together. To make a long story short, I was finished with the machines and was trying to make my way back but the army of flying roaches were blocking me. It was at that point that I decided it was time to release my wrath on the roaches! Crunch by crunch, I killed off the roaches. I felt like Leonidus in the movie 300. I think I even belted out, "THIS IS SPARTA!" It was a satisfying ending to a full night of drinks.

4 comments:

  1. Loved your story, Mark!!! haha You are a great story teller!!! =) Wish it would have been cought on tape. Would have been great to see ya kill'em! ;) haha The ending made me laugh! =) Good story!
    And thanks for texting me about it!!! What is up with us and telling each other about the roaches we see? haha I think it's great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we'll everytime I see a roach, I feel the need to tell you.... is this strange? yes it is! haha sorry....

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yes it is strange! but i do the same thing!!! haha I think it's funny! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SICK!!!! Ugh, I can hear the roaches crunching as you killed them! Man, roaches, lizards, snakes... what's up with you running into so many pests??

    ReplyDelete