Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Lizard

If you are reading this, you probably shouldn't mention this to my mom. But yesterday, I was reading in the living room and I noticed a lizard next to the back door. Now if you know my mom, then you know: #1 She hates lizards and #2 She hates lizards in the house. So, I was just hoping to get this thing out of the house before she found out! This was quite the interesting lizard. He started changing colors to try to blend in with his surroundings. First, I tried to sick my cats on the lizard. In my cats' younger years they had been known to torture an animal or two so I thought this would work. However, now, my cats are old. So naturally they didn't want anything to do with the lizard. Next, I tried to to pick the lizard up and throw him out. But lizards are quick creatures and I wasn't able to accomplish this task. As a result, the lizard went into hiding. I kept this on the dl because my mom wouldn't have been able to sleep knowing there was a lizard in the house. Skip ahead to this morning, and I see the crafty little lizard in the same spot by the door. I quickly act and get a broom and head over to the little guy. The lizard didn't go out without a fight! In fact, he tried to go into hiding again, but I wouldn't allow it this time. I had to move a few bookcases to get to him, but I finally succeeded in sweeping the lizard out of the house! I feel quite accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. haha. That's great!!! Good story. =) Your mom sounds like me, just it's roaches for me!!! haha As you know. ;) Glad you got it!!! WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete