Friday, June 4, 2010

Lest Your Deeds Be Exposed

Also while I was cutting the grass today, I noticed a snake in the yard. At first, I got real excited because I had personally never gotten the opportunity to kill a snake before. So I got an axe and made my way to the snake. It was creeping between some trees in our backyard. It looked like it was within striking distance, so I took and swing and before I could breathe again the snake crawled quickly back into the darkness of the trees. I was disappointed, but I knew he couldn't hide in there much longer. So when the snake came out I was ready..... or not! I swung and missed again. The snake crawled back into the darkness. I attempted one more time when the snake came out and missed a third time. I couldn't help but think of the garden of Eden and how the serpent deceived Adam and Eve. God created an evil, cunning, sly, and slippery snake and his creation is perfect. The snake is deceptive and I swung and missed three times, and where did the snake go? He crawled back into the darkness, so I wouldn't kill him. I know I'm going to kill the snake, when he comes into the light.

1 comment:

  1. Mark...It is all about the shovel when you are snake killing.

    ReplyDelete