Monday, June 28, 2010

UWF Orientation

The day started off very early and I was very tired, but I paid 90 bucks for transfer orientation at UWF so I had to go. I heard it was going to be a waste of time and it sure didn't disappoint. My mom was so gracious to me and went and stayed the entire time. I don't deserve someone as unselfish as her and I'm so thankful she went! It was so boring. It poured down rain on our way into the conference center. We escaped the rain and I checked in. They gave me this packet with a bunch of information that wasn't all that informative, but it kept me occupied for the 30 minute wait for the start of orientation. We sat in a room full of people and listened to three four really boring ladies talk and one kind of interesting lady talk. It should be noted that by the second boring lady talking, my stomach was growling big time! I was so hungry and waited to leave. I could tell my mom was way past ready to leave too. Finally, we got to leave and I got my student i.d. card while my mom grabbed lunch in the cafeteria. While in line to get my i.d. card, some people befriended me and started asking me a bunch of questions about myself. I was epically tired but they were just trying to be friendly so I tried to be as social as possible. One of the people was this girl that is transferring to UWF that is from New Mexico! I sure thought that was strange but it was because she wanted to live with her parents one more year and they moved to Pensacola because of the military.

After getting my i.d., I finally got to eat at the cafeteria. They pretty much had everything! I understand why people gain the freshman fifteen at UWF now! I didn't know where to go to get in line so naturally I picked the longest line which happened to be the sub line. I would have switched lines, but this one girl who I met earlier felt the need to tell me her life story. I didn't want to be rude, so I painfully endured listening to her! It was hard. I finally got my food and found my mom and ate. I got a cheeseburger too. It was so good, but that was probably because I was so hungry! After eating, my mom and I went to sign a waiver for a menegitis shot. That should release a hold on my UWF schedule going through and I got my i.d. card earlier, so it was a productive day I suppose.

I'm just glad it's over and now I can relax the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment