Saturday, May 8, 2010

Childbirth Has Rights to a 10

So for the Brian Regan fans out there, you've probably heard his joke about the ER. It turns out that I had my first ER experience this morning. From the time I drove in the parking lot, to the time I left the place I was quoting his jokes. Apparently they "have" to ask you a series a questions. One of the questions they ask is "How would you rate your pain?" Of course they have to ask that one atleast three times or else they aren't doing their job. Like Brian, I felt childbirth deserves a perfect 10, so i rated myself a 3. This was probably a mistake. There weren't any other patients in the place and I still waited for over an hour! Live and learn I guess. I think the reason they make you wait so long in the ER is so that everyone won't come up there when they get a tummy ache or a bruise. In that case, I don't mind waiting. Since my ankle looks like an oversized blueberry on steroids, I felt like it was time to get it looked at. Over an hour later, they took x rays and it turned out to be a chip in a part of my ankle. So it looks like I will be out of commission for a couple of weeks. I will be on crutches (I'm horrible at it now) for the time being. I already know I take walking for granted, so this will be a very humbling experience. I feel myself getting very fat even as I type this blog post. All joking aside, I hope I can glorify God in some way going through this experience. He is so good to me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sorry buddy! You have a much better attitude than I would have about being on crutches. Praying for you :)
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, is this the same ankle you hurt at our house? I'm sorry!!! Hope it heals fast! God is good... sometimes we don't know why He does things... but it's always for our good!!! =) I'll be praying for you, Mark!

    ReplyDelete