Thursday, May 27, 2010

Since It's About Christ...

As christians we preach the gospel and live out the gospel. What does that mean exactly? Well it does mean having a solid theology and worshipping God in spirit and in truth. However, I have gotten in the ditch of thinking it's all about having a solid theology. Which having a solid theology is important, but what do I do with that theology? Often times, I neglect to love others the way Christ did! How foolish of me! Even though we don't share the same view of God as other Christians and unbelievers, it should not keep us from loving them. I've been reading a few things lately, and I am blown away by Christ when he was at Jacob's Well with the Samaritan woman. I encourage you to read that story again. Jesus constantly preached to people and fellowshipped with others and LOVED people that didn't understand who he was. We can give others grace, because we have been given grace, and we can love because Jesus came to earth and showed us what love really is! If you think you are loving, read the gospels again, because Christ loved better than we are capable of! Pray that I will be more loving in the way that Jesus loved others.

No comments:

Post a Comment